Comply With State and Federal Labor Laws
Keeping abreast of the labor laws in the country can be quite challenging without a workforce management tool. NOVAtime is just the right tool to give your organization the flexibility to establish and modify the systems to compute workers’ time, leave of absences or payroll schedule without paying for a very expensive customized code. Backend software support for NOVAtime also ensures that your company will be compliant with all pertinent laws relating to your industry.
Ward Off Lawsuits
The workforce management tool NOVAtime monitors the amount of rest, lunch time, overtime, night differential costs that each worker is entitled to. This is to ensure that you won’t face any lawsuits in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, or any complaint regarding unpaid wages.
This tool will:
- Compute daily, weekly, holiday or weekend overtime pays
- Manage your exempt or nonexempt workers
- Compute penalties for extended meal breaks in accordance with state or federal laws
- Determine the correct number of meal hours for employees
- Manages expenses
- Ensure that you comply with the Affordable Care Act in dealing with full-time employees or part-time workers so you can avoid paying penalties
In addition, you can also:
- Determine accurately the number of hours by part-time workers and convert them into the hours of full-time employees (also called Full Time Equivalency)
- Define stability period, administration and standard measurement for your employees
- Determine stability, management and initial measurement for new employees in accordance of the Employer Shared Responsibility provisions under the Affordable Care Act
- Fulfill requirements of the Payroll-Based Journal reporting guidelines for healthcare
The PBJ electronic reporting guidelines are mandated by Sec. 6106 of the Affordable Care Act. Companies and organizations are required to present staffing information for current and new workers to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The NOVAtime tool is updated to include the specifications set aside by the CMS. You can also input employee data into the PBJ system with no problem at all.
Supervise Requests Under Family and Medical Leave Act
The NOVAtime tool provides the platform for companies to manage and supervise the number of leave of absences of their employees. It’s virtually tamper-proof since each approved request made by the employee is supported with a signature code. Under the FMLA, workers are entitled to a leave if they already worked 1,250 hours or at least a year for a certain company. This software will be able to track the number of hours an employee has already rendered worked in your organization. In case, the request for leave already surpassed the 480-hour limit, you will be notified accordingly.
Comply With Laws on Sick Leave
You won’t have to worry about violating state and federal laws covering sick leave for employees. For instance, Connecticut, Philadelphia and California all enacted new laws on approving sick leave requests.
The NOVAtime tool will:
- Validate in real-time the application for leave by employees through online or the time clock
- Carryover limits for sick leave to make sure employees don’t abuse the privilege
- Compute the entitled leave credits based on years of service, minimum work rendered and the standard leave grants